Monday, October 7, 2013

October Horror Challenge 2013 - Day 6


Day 6, after getting home Saturday night I had a some beers and threw on Cabin Fever. It had been quite a long time since I last watched this one and I was pleased to find out that it is still entertaining. There are some problems in the story but nothing that holds it back too much. The cast is funny and the blood and guts are nasty.


The beer continued to flow and so did the movies with a first time viewing of The Taint. The first few minutes of this film are comprised of little else besides blood, gore and cumming dicks. I knew I was in for something ridiculous and thankfully it was done right and never got stupid, or too stupid that is. The movie is funny, over the top and pretty distasteful in every way. I enjoyed it quite a bit.


After getting back from watching the Ravens climb to 3-2 by beating the Dolphins and then watching the shootout between the Broncos and Cowboys, I threw on Amusement, which I'd never seen before but see the DVD around everywhere. It sucked. The narrative is so paper thin and barely slopped together that I thought it was an anthology film with the stories having nothing at all in common. Eventually it becomes clear that isn't the case. It didn't take that long to figure out the movie was awful.


And then the movie watching ended terribly. I bought Witchouse and Witchouse 2 on DVD the other day for $4 each... I'd previously seen Witchouse several years ago and thought it was terrible back then. Why in the blue hell I thought it was a good idea to actually spend money on it and give it another shot (let alone the sequel) is beyond me. I have no idea what I was thinking because Witchouse is a piss fucking poor ripoff of Night Of The Demons. It has none of 80s fun - gore, nudity, lipstick tubes and has all of the worst things that Full Moon can offer. It was a painful 70 minutes. Painful enough that I'm not wasting my team on the sequel.

Today's Rundown
Cabin Fever - 7/10
The Taint - 7/10
Amusement - 3.5/10
Witchouse - 2/10

2 comments:

Wings1295 said...

I enjoyed Cabin Fever and have been thinking of watching it again. As for the others, no thanks! LOL

Celluloid Terror (Seth Poulin) said...

The Taint was good fun but not for everyone. You really aren't missing anything at all with the other 2