Thursday, October 13, 2011

October Horror Challenge Day 13



I wanted to start the 13th day of the challenge with a movie I absolutely find beautiful and love. Cannibal Holocaust gets a lot of heat for its incessant disgust and depravity but it really is much more than sadiism, animal killings and shock. I could go on for days about it but Dave Grant's write up about it at http:/http://www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif/www.blogger.com/img/blank.gif is the single best piece written on this film that I've ever had the privilege of reading so go HERE and read it.



Hellraiser was up next. I'm sure most of you have seen this one. This movie has excellent visuals and I always enjoy revisiting it. The cenobites are such cool villains.





I then watched an episode of Friday The 13th: The Series which surprisingly wasn't awful. The show has nothing to do with the movie series and almost every episode I've seen was terrible, this one was entertaining and actually half decent. The day was finished off with Dark Night Of The Scarecrow. This is my first time seeing the 1981 made for tv movie that is such a cult classic. I had the privilege of watching it on Blu and I'm positive the movie has never looked this good. A surprisingly excellent presentation, and the movie is good too! Nothing groundbreaking but it is effectively scary and fun at the same time. One of the better made for tv horror movies I've seen.

Today's Rundown:
Cannibal Holocaust - 9.5/10
Hellraiser - 8.5/10
Dark Night Of The Scarecrow - 8/10

No comments: